Thursday, August 12, 2004

Quotes of the day

From 86-year old Mike Wallace (that 5,273,520 worth of 60 Minutes, by the way) about his recent scuffle with the po-po, courtesy of Gothamist:
I ordered a car service to pick me up to take me over to a restaurant where I was going to get some meatloaf and then go home. All of a sudden some traffic and limousine cops intervened. So all I was trying to do was protect my meatloaf.


From Lisa Whelchel, forever known as Blair in the "The Facts of Life" (you remember ... you take the good, you take the bad, you take em' both and there you have - take it away, boys!), about how to punish children, via spiceblog, via uggabugga:
"For lying or other offenses of the tongue, I 'spank' my kids' tongues. I put a tiny drop of hot sauce on the end of my finger and dab it onto my child's tongue. It stings for a while, but it abates."

No comments:

Post a Comment