Monday, April 26, 2004

No food adventures

No food adventures ...

... this weekend. Why? It was NFL Draft weekend!

This is what Foodgoat looked like from about 11 am Saturday thru 5 pm Sunday.

Supplies included one high-definition TV, several draft guides and mock drafts, a telephone for conferring with his brother, a pen, high-speed Internet access. Rations included chips, dip, a microwavable cheeseburger, brownies, a Winking Lizard bacon cheeseburger with grilled onions and fries for dinner, and buffalo wings, washed down with a choice of milk, beer, tea, and Sierra Mist.


My weekend didn't have any food adventures either. My highlight was going here:

I barely know how to knit but I don't see why I shouldn't buy several bags of closeout factory yarn anyway.


But sometimes a lack of adventure is a good thing. My brother recently entered a pie-eating contest at school. But he never even had a chance: before he was even halfway through his allocated fourth of a giant Costco apple pie, last year's winner was stuffing the last crumbs of his share into his mouth. My brother reports that afterwards he had never felt so sick. I'm not sure if the pie-eating recovery was as bad as his caffeine overdose during last quarter's finals, but I'll ask him.

No comments:

Post a Comment