Monday, August 29, 2005

IMBB #18: The Late Stuffed Mushrooms

I was so sad that I forgot to try and make deep-fried Girl Scout cookies in time for the latest IMBB event, that I didn't realize that I could post about the stuffed mushrooms until Foodgoat was in the middle of making them yesterday. And then I didn't actually get around to posting it last night, as we were nursing a serious caffeine hangover.

But better late than never. So for the Summer's Flying, Let's Get Frying! theme, Foodgoat presents his stuffed mushrooms.

I once spent an entire party hovering over the stuffed mushroom plate. And I wasn't alone. Who doesn't like stuffed mushrooms?

The initial step, which I neglected to document, involves mashing up the mushroom stems with cooked bacon, parsley, sour cream, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs (which are especially tasty when they have soaked up the bacon grease). This is spooned into the mushroom caps, and floured.
Then they are egged.

Then they are bread crumbed.

Then they are fried.

Then they are flipped and fried some more.

Consume. Heartily and with enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment