Friday, October 17, 2003

Highly processed foods of the week
It's been a big week for trying out unhealthy, non-local, and over-packaged foods packed full of preservatives.

Sara Lee Butter Struesel Coffee Cake
When butter is one of the main components and not just another ingredient, I'm interested. This one was pretty good for something you just toss in the oven for 15 minutes. I recommend just eating it off a plate because seeing all the butter actually soaked up in the napkin that you wrapped a piece in so you could take it to work for breakfast does not make for an encouraging sight.

Hershey's Strawberry Syrup
It's usually a bad sign when a food label reads "No refridgeration needed." And no has to tell you that the strawberry flavor is totally artificial and that's it's pretty much just bright red high fructose corn syrup, which is evil. But sweet, pink milk does make me feel like I'm eight years old again, so what better way to celebrate the long-awaited completion of my root canal? Now I'm on the lookout for the banana flavor.

Red Baron Deep Dish Singles
Where oh where are the Pizzeria Unos? Not around here, so I guess to fill my deep dish pizza cravings I'll have to hit the frozen aisle of the grocery store. Contrary to Foodgoat's estimate, one of these pizzas was enough (the box comes with two), and two was too much. So they really are singles. And they're much better than the flat, cardboard-tasting pizza at the cafeteria at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment