Thursday, August 30, 2012

Churros, People! CHURROS!

 My mom recently came for a visit, and not only did she watch the little ones (thankyouthankyouthankyou!), she made CHURROS!  (thankyouthankyouthankyou!)

For me, one of the main attractions of theme parks is that I can get churros.  Crisply fried dough rolled in cinnamon sugar?  Why yes, I will gladly hand over $5!

I even planned to have churros at my wedding reception, but the caterer's machine didn't work.  

Well, it turns out churros are super easy to make.  The recipe comes from the latest, Mexico-focused issue of Saveur (anyone else think Saveur's been on a roll lately?  Their issues have been lovely!).

All you do is mix up the dough, put into one of those frosting squeezy cake decorating things with a tip, squeeze into hot oil, then roll in cinnamon sugar.   I didn't have the right size decorating tip, so she just squeezed it out of the hole in the bag, and it came out just fine.  As in, just as tasty. 

 

Sweet, fried goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment