Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peach Cobbler

Oh peaches, sometimes I just don't know what to do with you.  I could take you to lunch but you bruise easily.  And all that juice, it can be a little messy.  I could eat you fresh at home, but if there's a mango present, well, I'd rather take the mango.  I could grill you, and that's nice, but one doesn't go through the trouble of firing up the chargoal grill just for peaches.

Ahhh, wait ... homemade peach cobbler.  Perfect.
I think I made peach cobbler once before, but I don't remember it being this easy.  The hardest part was peeling the peaches, and I think the whole blanching them in boiling water wasn't really worth it, especially on a hot day, when a little paring knife does a pretty adequate job, but that's my only complaint. 

I used this recipe from King Arthur and I think it turned out mighty delicious.  Even just the biscuit part was really good by itself.   

But peaches and biscuits?  Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment