Thursday, March 10, 2005

Luther Vandross once said, "If you win a Grammy, you eat to celebrate; if you lose a Grammy, you eat to drown your sorrow." I'm not sure which situation explains his invention of the Luther Burger, the bacon cheeseburger between two Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

But it seems positively lightweight compared to the helpful illustration of the Atlanta hamdog. That's a hot dog wrapped by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions and served on a hoagie bun, topped with a fried egg and two fistfuls of fries.

I'd eat it. If I was on death row and it was my last meal. If I was 93 years old. If I had just been rescued from the brink of starvation on a deserted island.

Or at least, if I'm in Atlanta. (Do you really think I'd pass up on tasting it? I won't eat it all. Unless it was good.)

1 comment:

  1. that... actually looks pretty yummy.

    But for some reason I can eat that stuff without the cholesterol building up. I mean, it's not a daily meal so it's not an issue.

    ReplyDelete