Friday, October 15, 2004

back, and with pretzels

My blog, how I've neglected you. It's only now, however, that I've been able to type (and thus blog) comfortably, suffering as I have been for the past two weeks with a horrific allergic reaction to tea tree oil. Remember, my sensitive skin friends: patch test, patch test, patch test. Or you too may end up, Mummy-like, with both hands wrapped up in gauze.

In any case, I'm slowly returning to normalcy, albeit without any fingerprints. I flirted briefly with the idea of fasting during Ramadan, to thank the Higher Power that my affliction wasn't flesh-eating disease after all (sometimes self-diagnosis just isn't a good idea), but who am I kidding? I have a hard enough time fasting during Lenten Fridays, let alone fasting a whole month during the daylight hours. And if I don't eat breakfast I get very sad. And if no one else is fasting with you, it's not nearly as interesting. But I will cut out the junk food. Or at least, I'll eat less of it.

The first thing to go will be the Snyder's of Hanover Buttermilk Ranch Pieces. Sounds tasty, no? No. No. Like any good American I love me my Ranch-flavored snacks, but this was just weird.


I recommend, instead, the Honey Mustard & Onion pretzels, which are addictively good.


By the way, if you've ever wondered what I'd be like if I started talking back to the little bird in my mouth and the monkey in my brain, think Mad Pruner of Buena Vista Park (via SFist.

No comments:

Post a Comment