Friday, March 19, 2004

Oreo! Oreo! Oreo!

Oreo! Oreo! Oreo!
The last "special" Oreo flavor I had was some 15 years ago, when, as a Christmas Day treat, I had White Fudge-covered Double Stuf Oreos.

That is when I finally understood the concept of too much of a good thing.

Since then, I've stuck with the dependable old-fashioned regular Oreos. But on Wednesday, I saw something that tempted me over. The new Uh Oh! Oreos. Instead of the chocolate cookies and a creme center, these have a chocolate creme center with golden cookies. You can't fool me, Oreo: this was no mistake. You did this on purpose.

But who cares if it was a mistake, these Oreos are yummy! I didn't think it was possible, but I like them even better than the other kind. The cookies are more like butter cookies and the center provides just the right hint of chocolate. The whole cookie is smoother, if you will. And let's face it, it did bother me a little to look at the white-as-lard creme center of the regular Oreos.

Now, this has provoked some debate over whether Uh Oh! Oreos can in fact be considered Oreos at all. I don't see why not, but Foodgoat is a traditionalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment