Monday, August 18, 2003

Lost food of the day

Among the things that were lost to the long hours of an offline fridge was the last serving of a chicken pot pie. I was sad.

The pot pie was the redemption of a failed experiment. Foodgoat thought the truffle honey would be good on chicken, so I attempted a truffle honey-roasted chicken.

Well, it didn't work. It was an adequate roast chicken, but you couldn't taste the honey at all (granted, I couldn't quite bear to use up the entire jar of truffle honey on just one chicken). So, the next week we made a chicken pot pie.

Even though it was full of peas, I was impressed. In truth, it was the cheese biscuit crust that I was enamoured with, and I was mighty impressed that a crust I made actually turned out flaky. Foodgoat thought there was too much butter in it, but I scoff at such a comment. There is no such thing as too much butter or too much cheese. And the crust had both.

No comments:

Post a Comment