Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Easy Dessert: Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Is anything easier to make than chocolate covered strawberries?  Even my toddler can make them.  Wait, my toddler can make bread pork and mashed potatoes by herself.  Okay, even I can make them.  (I'm the one who has to check a cookbook when I make hard-boiled eggs.)  It made for a simple, not too messy, and quick thing to do on Valentine's Day.

All you have to do is wash and dry strawberries.  Melt chocolate (need I say, dark preferably?).  Dip strawberries.  Let cool on a piece of parchment paper. 


Stirring the melted chocolate
She also had the idea to dip graham crackers too.

Voila!
What didn't work:  melting white chocolate in the mini-crock pot.  Evidently, the one setting is too high, because it burned the chocolate before it melted, resulting in a weird goopy mass.  That's okay, I wasn't all that jazzed about white chocolate anyway. 
More evidence that white chocolate isn't really chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate covered strawberries....YUMMMMMMYYYYY!
    What to say when a cutee little girl makes it!

    ReplyDelete