Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Tasty TV

Don't bother me between 6:30 and 7:30 pm on Sundays. Because that's when my two favorite new shows are on, one after the other, on the Style Network, a new and increasing regular stop on my TV surfing circuit. First up: Nigella Bites. I've seen just two episodes of this British import, but that's all I needed to jump onto the Nigella bandwagon. The show is stylish and jazzy, the host is laidback and sneaks back into the kitchen at the end of the episode for some sweet midnight snack, and the featured food is simple-sounding, scrumptious-looking, and homey-feeling. How can you not like a cooking show where even chocolate candy bars get deep fried?

Next: The Katie Brown Show. I've been a fan of Katie Brown since her show on Lifetime, so I've waited a long time for this latest incarnation. It's not so much a cooking show as a kind of Gen-X Martha Stewart Living, but she always has a cooking segment. Last week it was French toast (freedom toast?) stuffed with raspberry cream cheese. Yet another reason to buy the 3-pound blocks of cream cheese at Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment