Wednesday, November 17, 2004

detox diet continues

I'd kill for some carbs right now.

Actually, the anti-allergy fast is going well. I'm eating a lot of the few foods I can eat, so I'm not too hungry, though my digestive system seems to be angry at me for the sudden onslaught of fiber. It was torture, though, going to a work event yesterday and seeing tables upon tables of large, soft muffins ... chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins, banana nut muffins ...


Instead, for dinner I had a big plate of salad greens with olive oil, flax seeds, and sea salt.

Which isn't to say that it was a bad dinner at all. The greens were fresh, the olive oil was fine, and I now have a deeper appreciation for the superiority of sea salt. At lunch I have to use the regular salt in the cafeteria, and it just doesn't taste nearly as interesting, nearly as complex, nearly as good, as a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.

By the way, the new Frontline episode on Wal-Mart is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment