Wednesday, July 2, 2008

BREAKING BEER NEWS!



Hello fellow beer readers,

Rarely do I get a chance to post some breaking food news, and today I have a doozy. My favorite beer company"Great Lakes" just released a new limited version- the Imperial Dortmunder and must share with you all how incredibly good it is.

A little background: and little ritual of mine is to head to the local beer store "Beverage Warehouse" and pick up something I never tried before. Normally I gravitate to the beer from England because I have found many excellent beers from GB. But this past year my beer of choice is a local brewery "Great Lakes" and I love their Dortmunder Gold- absolutely love it!

Now today, Great lakes released the Imperial Dortmunder---- I actually am the first person in my area to try it, so I feel the need to relay the experience...... It's good.... oh yeah it's good.

As you can see the color and body is quite simular to the Dort Gold (ignore the foaming head on the gold Ladygoat poured that one). Other than looking similar the taste is quite different. The Imperial is a PERFECT beer. I know that sounds crazy, but trust me readers it's perfect. Its dry hoppy and a touch of sweetness. It's so good even Ladygoat can tell how heavenly wonderful this beer is. [please forgive my crude writing style compare to Ladygoat- she is a much better writer than I- and I am feeling the effects of drinking two beers in one sitting :)]

So if you live in the Cleveland area- pick up the Imperial Dort ASAP. It is ........ Wonderful. If you never tried a Great Lakes and you love beer: head to your specially shop and try out the Dort. It gets the Foodgoat highest praise..... It's sooooooo goooooooooood.

2 comments:

  1. The imperial gold is a superior beer. I'm not a big fan of the Dortmunder, but the Imperial is a go for me. If you can find it, and afford it, you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:46 PM

    I love trying new brews, sorry to say I'm in the Southwest; but if I ever get back East, I'll be sure to try it. The one I'm trying this weekend is from The Santa Fe Brewing Company called "Chicken Killer-Barleywine". I'll also be writing a review of it later this weekend. You might be interested in a Salsa recipe I just posted--Goes great with some cold brews!
    You can find me @:

    http://thejoereview.com/

    Have a great weekend,

    Joe

    ReplyDelete