Tuesday, April 17, 2007

When Life Is Bad, Ice Cream Is Good

Okay, all things considered, life's not all bad at all, but it hasn't been good enough to feel bloggerful. Work's been crazy, the weather became lovely and warm only to turn frakkin' cold, someone stole $3 from my brother's car, my sister got caught in the crossfire of berserk elementary teachers on strike, and I went to the Filene's Basement infamous bridal gown sale, where being engulfed by crazy women pawing and clutching madly at sequins and satin frocks left me nauseous and unsettled.

Fortunately, we've discovered Mitchell's Ice Cream, a Cleveland company, at our local grocery store, and we're making our way through all the flavors. My personal faves are the pie flavors -- Key Lime Pie and Banana Cream Pie, which include chunks of pie crust. It's like pie a la mode, all in one convenient container.

2 comments:

  1. I think one needs to wear body armor to get through the Bridal dres grab at Filene's. They show it on TV here and those broads get mean! Hope you at least found a dress.

    The ice cream looks great, wish they sold it in the DC area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, there is a Mitchell's ice cream in San Francisco too. Many fans of the place--check it out next time you're in town. I think ice cream might be the new cupcake. If you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete