Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dried Fruit, The Busy Mom's Back Up Fruit Plan

I try to do my due diligence and make sure the Princess Goat gets her daily servings of fruit.  Usually it's bananas and apples, though grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and mangoes get regularly served as well. 

But sometimes I just don't have any fresh fruit in the house - either because it was so hot this summer everything went to over-ripe in a nanosecond, because I didn't get a chance to get to the grocery store, or because fresh fruit wasn't quite convenient at the moment.



That's when I pull out my back up fruit plan - dried fruit.

Dried fruit has been incredibly helpful to keep around the house.  It keeps well, it's in conveniently sized pieces that don't require cutting, it's colorful, and it's generally well received.  Dried mango is the big favorite with the Princess Goat, but I also have dried strawberries (very yummy), dried pineapple, dried kiwi, dried blueberries, and raisins on hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment