Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Everything is Actually Only Four Things

Until last week, I had never had, nor did I have any inclination to try, an everything bagel. Onion bagel, yes. Asiago cheese, definitely. Everything bagel, no. Even though Foodgoat loves them.

Because an everything bagel would have, well, everything, right? Cinnamon sugar, garlic, raisin, pumpernickel, chocolate chip, the works. Why else would they all it an everything bagel?

But apparently I was reading it a little too literally. Everything really means just poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion, and salt. And it turns out it tastes awesome. And now every morning I split a Thomas everything bagel with cream cheese with Foodgoat.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 PM

    Thomas? Feh. Get yourself over to Bialy's and you can find out what an everything bagel is supposed to taste like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all called mish-mosh bagels in some coffee shops.

    mmmm... I, too, love em. And mish-mosh, pish-posh is so much more fun to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, too. I guess it's an earlier "everything"--before bagels came in cinnamon and chocolate, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of a rip off ...

    But then again, I don't know if I'd like chocolate chips and garlic in the same bite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lucky enough t hav an Entenmann's thrift store near me and I buy these everything bagels to have with lox and cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete