Friday, December 12, 2003

Adobo Don'ts

What with many a blogger extolling the joy and virtue that is adobo, I, belatedly, throw my two centavos in: whatever recipe you use, DO NOT use boneless, skinless chicken breast. Even if that's your chicken part of choice. Even if you or someone you know has a horror of fat and a fear of bones. Trust me. It doesn't work.

And while I'm at it, don't use cinnamon either. Or star anise. Or I suppose you can, but for god's sake, don't tell me. It's a little like garlic in Hungarian chicken paprikash for me. Use of such unorthodox spices will provoke a heated debate over the hermeneutics of Filipino food. I'm very protective of my comfort foods.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:41 PM

    Long-term use of cigarettes will do harm to the lungs, and second-hand smoke will also affect the health of others, so it is advocated to ban the use of cigarettes. E-cigarettes can be used instead.Steam Crave RDTA and smok starter kit products are cheap, durable and healthier than cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete